Dr. Platt’s PRO MAX 5% Progesterone Cream has a clean odor (no fragrance) and disappears into the skin in about 30 seconds. Same ingredients as the Platt PRO 5% but without the lavender.
The base is Organic Wild Yam, Paraben Free, Soy Free, MSM Free, EDTA Free. Our progesterone comes from organic wild yam extract, and is converted into USP progesterone (meeting the standards of the United States Pharmacopeia for strength, purity and quality).
The major benefit of this cream is that it has been specially formulated to provide maximal effectiveness.
Dr. Platt’s PRO MAX has a 5% strength, which means that one pump provides 50 mg of progesterone. To gain insight into some of the actions of progesterone, please refer to the Progesterone Information below.
After it is applied, progesterone only lasts for about 5-6 minutes in the bloodstream because it is quickly picked up by receptor sites.
Since it is so short acting, the best time to use progesterone is 1-3 minutes before eating. The most important time of day to use progesterone is before lunch. Insulin levels are the highest in the afternoon, which, of course, is why many people get sleepy between 3-4PM. Please keep in mind that when sugar levels drop, the body will be releasing adrenaline to raise the sugar levels back up.
Strength: 50 mg per pump.
Apply 1 pump to the inside of one forearm and rub forearms together. Or apply to the back of the neck if there is tension.
For those with increased adrenaline, we recommend using the cream 1-3 minutes before meals in order to control insulin levels. Do this up to four times a day. When symptoms of increased adrenaline are abated, you can reduce applications to 2-3 times a day.
If you have trouble sleeping at night, it is recommended that you eat a low-glycemic carbohydrate just before going to bed. In addition, apply the cream again just before eating your bedtime snack.
Replacing progesterone can help many conditions, but it’s main benefit is to block estrogen, insulin and adrenaline.
Many benefits include:
- Progesterone is a natural antidepressant, since it affects the receptor sites for many neurotransmitters in the brain.
- It helps to control insulin, a hormone that creates fat, causes hypoglycemia, raises blood pressure, and causes diabetes.
- Progesterone also eliminates symptoms of estrogen dominance such as cramps, PMS, breast tenderness, migraine headaches, and hot flashes, and it helps to prevent every cancer caused by estrogen, most notably breast and prostate cancers.
- It helps to block excess adrenaline, which can cause the following symtoms; anger, road rage, restless leg syndrome, teeth grinding (Bruxism), depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), brain fog, PTSD, autism, bed-wetting, leg cramps, TMJ, headaches, ADHD, interstitial cystitis, PMDD, occipital neuritis, plus many others .
- Increases libido.
- Enhance weight loss.
- Prevents and treats osteoporosis.
Menstruating women are advised to use topical progesterone 5 to 7 days after the first day of your period and continue until the next period begins. Day 1 is the first day of your menstrual bleed. If your period is irregular, start using topical progesterone 7 days after you begin a period and teach your body to learn a new cycle. Stop whenever your period comes back again, and repeat, or apply as recommended by your healthcare provider.
Women with no ovulation like in the case of PCOS can pick a day and start 7 days after the first day of the period and continue until the period starts again.